(This interview is a minor dream of mine ladies and gentlemen. As a New Yorker & journalist, The Naked Cowboy is larger than life. Whether he’s got a crowd surrounding him in the summer, or singing loudly & proudly in the dead of winter, he’s a NY institution. We had a quick chat, and he let us in on a fitness & motivational secret or two.)1. Is there any part of being The Naked Cowboy that you like more than the others?
I love everything equally about being the Naked Cowboy, but it is always the greatest pleasure to see when I make people laugh and smile.
2. When did you think, hey, I can really do this for a living?
From the beginning, I knew it was valuable. I didn’t quite know how I would make money from it, but I always moved forward with the intention of making myself the richest man in the world.
3. How the hell do you deal with the cold?
4. Can you let us in on any Naked Cowboy fitness secrets?
Run 7 miles, spectral weight training and eat small nutritionally balanced low carb meals 7 times/day. No white sugar, very little or no high fructose fruit/vegetable.
5. You mention Anthony Robbins as an inspiration. Can you talk about how he impacted your life?
Before AR, everyone told me all the things I couldn’t do, then I realized from reading Unlimited Power, that I could do anything I wanted to do. It was an immediate game changer for me.
6. Do you have any favorite Naked Cowboy media pieces or events that you like being known for?
7. What’s up with the Naked Cowboy Oysters?
They are now the #1 selling Oyster in America. They’re from Blue Island Oyster Company on the West Coast. You can get more info on them here: – Home of Blue Island Oyster Company – West Coast
8. Do you have any thought on the “asking” economy? As popularized by people like you & Amanda Palmer?
I think she is brilliant. I tried to do a few Kickstarter campaigns and they all failed miserably. I guess initially I was the only one who thought my ideas would make me the “Most Celebrated Entertainer of All Time”. It took several Corporate Endorsements for any of my ideas to begin to take shape and create value and recognition.
9. How have you been objectified in your time as the Naked Cowboy? Has it changed your perspective on how models & others are treated?
No matter how dumb it is; I believe that people recognize my success and the fact that I am simply enjoying life, making people laugh and have fun. I suggest anyone who wants to enjoy being a spectacle, should become a Naked Cowboy or Naked Cowgirl franchisee.
10. You’ve spoken about trying to give vast sums of money away, how is that developing?
Perfectly. I give money to the less fortunate every day… Over the years, the amount has already become vast and will increase continually.
Bonus: Favorite Song/Album of 2015 so far?
My most recent favorite song/album actually released in 2014: Taylor Swift’s Shake It Off next to “What The Naked Cowboy Wants To Hear”… I’d sure like her to become a Naked Cowgirl Franchisee!